Shrimp Cakes (Tod Man Kung)
Uncooked shrimp cakes can be frozen for later use. If the cakes are frozen when it is time to cook, do not thaw the cakes. Just deep-fry them and allow one more minute for them to cook through.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 coriander roots or stems, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice (1") ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 6 oz. minced uncooked shrimp
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Pound coriander roots, salt, garlic, ginger, and pepper into a paste. Combine with minced shrimp and bread crumbs; mix well. Season with sugar and soy sauce.
- Roll into 1" balls and flatten into cakes.
- In a fry pan, deep-fry the cakes for 4 minutes in oil that has been heated to 350°F. Serve hot.