Shrimp and caviar Smørrebrød
Precision is everything when constructing eye-catching smørrebrød—as important as creating a still-life work of art (which in fact you are!). Salmon roe can be substituted for the red lumpfish caviar
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 2 ounces red lumpfish caviar, rinsed and gently dried with a paper towel
- 1 bunch fresh dill, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices dense rye, French, sourdough or crispbread
- 6 tsp. butter
- In a large bowl, mix together shrimp, caviar, 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill, chives, and mayonnaise Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter onto each slice of bread. Top with a generous dollop of the shrimp-caviar mayonnaise and garnish with sprigs of dill.