Shrimp and Coconut Soup
This can be served chilled or hot. You can add 1 cup of cooked rice or quinoa to this, but it is not necessary.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ cups clam juice warmed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled, deveined, and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- Sauté the shallots in the oil until soft, about 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir in the cornstarch and cook until very thick. Add clam juice, wine, and coconut milk and cook, covered, over very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp; heat until the shrimp turns pink. Add basil, salt, and white pepper and serve hot or cold.