Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Serve this spicy sauce over rice for a satisfying meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ lb. medium shrimp, shelled
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Sauté the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the onion mixture, tomatoes, parsley, and black pepper to a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add the shrimp. Stir and cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until the shrimp is fully cooked.