Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Gluten-Free Pasta
“Fra Diavolo” means “brother devil” in Italian, named for its spicy taste. If you like it even spicier, increase the red pepper flakes to 1 teaspoon. You can also use any type of shellfish in this dish for variety.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ medium onion, peeled and minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground basil
- 1 Tbsp. ground oregano
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion for 3–4 minutes, until tender and aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, white wine, salt, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to tomato mixture and cook 5–8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Pour shrimp sauce over cooked pasta and toss.