Shrimp in Black Bean Sauce
Black bean sauce lends a rich flavor to shellfish dishes. If you like, spice up this dish by adding a small amount of chili paste to the garlic and black bean sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. hot chili oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese black bean sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 slices ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Place shrimp in a bowl and toss with cornstarch.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add oil. When oil is hot, add black bean sauce and garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, mixing the garlic and black bean sauce together.
- Add shrimp, minced ginger, and scallions. Stir-fry shrimp until they turn pink and the edges begin to curl, about 1 minute, mixing in with the sauce.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Serve hot.