Shrimp and Noodle Stir-Fry
Boiling the soaking water for the noodles shortens the amount of time it takes for them to soften. If you purchase shrimp that is already peeled and deveined, and soften the noodles ahead of time, this dish will be ready in under 15 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. rice stick noodles
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 20 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, bring 4 cups of water to a boil (this will take 3–5 minutes). Remove the bowl from the microwave. Place the noodles in the boiling water to soften. In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, and brown sugar.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. When the oil is hot, add the garlic. Stir-fry for a few seconds; then add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink (about 2 minutes).
- Add the softened noodles. Stir the lemon juice and tomato sauce mixture and pour over the noodles.
- Stir in the cilantro leaves. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes to combine the ingredients. Garnish with the chopped peanuts before serving.