Most Italian chefs consider putting Parmesan cheese on seafood pastas a faux pas. But you have permission to do so, because it is delicious over this Shrimp Pesto! You may also substitute chicken for the shrimp if you have a shellfish allergy.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. gemelli pasta or spiral-shaped pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1⁄2 lb. shrimp, shells removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic 1 minute. Add shrimp and sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add tomatoes and pasta. Add enough pesto to lightly cover the pasta. Add Parmesan cheese and toss. Serve hot.