Serve these fresh-tasting quesadillas with sour cream, your favorite guacamole recipe, or salsa.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, toss shrimp with chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. In heavy skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook shrimp until they curl and just turn pink; remove from skillet. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Return shrimp to pan along with lemon juice. Warm tortillas, then place on work surface and, using a slotted spoon, divide shrimp mixture among them. Top with queso fresco, fold over, and press gently; place on baking sheet. Bake quesadillas at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are light golden brown. Serve immediately.