Shrimp and Scallion Egg Rolls
For a variation of this quick dish, add a small slice of bacon or drizzle of pesto on top of the shrimp before rolling them up.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 12 egg roll wrappers (6" × 6") cut into diagonals
- 6 scallions cut into quarters
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, pepper, and fish sauce. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- One at a time, place an egg roll wrapper half on a flat surface with the longest side of the triangle toward you. Place 1 shrimp at the bottom of the triangle and lay 1 scallion on top of it. Brush the top corner and sides with the beaten egg. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal, set aside, and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok to 375°F. In batches, fry the egg rolls until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the fried egg rolls to plates lined with paper towels to drain. Serve hot.