Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
Creamy risotto helps set the stage for plump shrimp and scallops. This dish is best paired with something light such as a basic green salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ cups water
- 2 bottles (8 oz.) clam juice
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- ¾ lb. bay scallops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Combine water and clam juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy, large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup clam juice mixture to rice. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding clam juice mixture ½ cup at a time, stirring often and simmering until liquid is absorbed before each addition. Simmer until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a separate heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, scallops, and garlic. Sauté until shrimp and scallops are opaque in center, about 6 minutes.
- Add seafood to rice. Stir and add butter; cook 4 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.