Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
This dish makes it easy to get both your vitamins and protein in one dish. Shrimp cooks quickly, in about 2 minutes, depending on the kind of heat you are using. In a sauté pan, cook for 1 minute per side; on a hot grill, 30 seconds per side.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fettuccini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the garlic over medium heat. Add the lemon juice, shrimp, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt. Stir until shrimp turns pink.
- Drain the pasta and turn into a serving bowl. Add the spinach to the hot pasta and mix in the shrimp; the spinach will wilt. Serve immediately.