Shrimp Spring Rolls
Although shrimp is used in this recipe, almost any type of protein would be just as delicious. Serve these with a soy or peanut dipping sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, garlic, fish sauce, and black pepper together. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, until they turn pink. Remove to a plate.
- Take 1 piece of rice paper and dip into a shallow dish of water to soften. Lay the softened rice paper on a plate. Place 1 piece of lettuce in the center and top with ¼ cup of the noodles in a line. Top with a few cooked shrimp, slices of cucumber, carrots, mint leaves, and cilantro. Fold in the sides and tightly roll up until it is closed. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Garnish with chopped peanuts.