Serve these crunchy morsels as an appetizer with soy sauce for dipping, or serve as an entrée with vegetables and rice. Some vegetables, such as asparagus, green beans, and carrot slices, can be cooked in the same way as the shrimp in this recipe.
Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup beer
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, shelled
- Whisk beer into flour until smooth. Stir in salt.
- Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in a 6-quart soup pot or a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Dip shrimp individually in batter. Let excess batter drip off, and then carefully drop the shrimp into the hot oil.
- Cook battered shrimp about 3 minutes. Remove from oil using tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels or brown paper; serve immediately.