Shrimp Tom Yum Soup with Rice
The spicy, sour and savory flavors found in this Tom Yum Soup make it so irresistible!
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 quarts Simple Truth Organic™ Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, sliced on a bias in 2" pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1" piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Peeled & Deveined Jumbo Raw Shrimp, peeled, with tails intact
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- In a saucepan, bring broth to boil over medium heat. Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger and chilies. Lower heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and mushrooms; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook shrimp in same saucepan for about 8 minutes until they turn pink.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice, green onions, cilantro and rice.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.