Shrimp with Chipotle-Lime Dip
Make a simple dip using the sauce from a can of chipotle in adobe for this Mexican inspired shrimp fondue.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle in adobo sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. finely ground pepper
- 24 large raw shrimp
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, adobo sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Peel the shrimp, including the tails, and devein. Rinse the shrimp in cold water, drain thoroughly, and pat dry and place on a large serving platter.
- Add the vegetable oil to the fondue pot, making sure it is not more than half full. Heat the pot on a stove element over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, move the fondue pot to the table and set up the burner.
- Use dipping forks to spear the shrimp and cook in the hot oil until they change color. Serve with chipotle-lime dip and cilantro sprigs.