Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
This dish is a perfect starter for almost any occasion. Double or triple the recipe (or more!) for a party. This works well with either fresh or frozen shrimp, but be sure to thaw shrimp fully before serving. The cocktail sauce is spicy and tangy, almost identical to the store-bought kind, only better! When plating feel free to arrange the shrimp atop a lettuce-lined platter or hang tail-side out from stemmed glasses for added interest.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. cooked peeled shrimp, tail on
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Place shrimp in a colander and rinse well under cold water. Plate shrimp, cover, and refrigerate until serving.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, molasses, horseradish, mustard, and garlic to a small bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, then serve.