Sichuan Pepper Green Bean Casserole
Simple and ready in under half an hour, this Sichuan pepper green bean casserole brings the heat. Serve it with any of your favorite Chinese dishes.
Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 4 dried red chilis, broken apart for more spice
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl, toss together green beans, Sichuan peppercorn, red chilis, mushrooms, vegetable oil, dry sherry and tamari. Spread in prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until green beans are tender and slightly shriveled
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.