Sicilian-Style Lamb Steaks
This recipe is based on a classic marinating technique to produce a delicious flavor! This flavorful meat is wonderful served over a hearty salad with a creamy dressing.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lamb steaks, about 1 lb. each and 1½" thick, bone in
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- ½ medium onion, peeled and sliced
- Tops from a small bunch of celery
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ lemon, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 whole cloves, bruised
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ⅔ cup dry red wine such as burgundy
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a glass pan to make marinade. Place steaks in pan, cover, and marinate overnight, turning them a few times while they marinate.
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Grill the steaks for 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with the marinade. You may use the same marinade you used to soak the steaks, just make sure that it all burns off on the grill.
- Place the steaks on a platter and keep warm for 10 minutes in a 150°F oven. The meat will continue to cook and become juicier if it’s allowed to rest. Slice thinly on a slant and serve.