Try topping this a variety of ingredients, such as sliced olives and fresh sage or rosemary.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 can (11 oz.) pizza dough
- 2 cups chunky pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 4 sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 sprigs oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease an baking sheet with 1⁄2 tablespoon of the oil.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle 2 inches thick, and place in the prepared pan. Allow to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Ladle the sauce over the dough, spreading it out evenly over the entire surface. Top with cheese, and sprinkle with the herbs and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.