Lemon juice tenderizes the fish while olive oil disperses the flavor of the herbs in this easy recipe. If you don’t have bottled minced garlic on hand, you can substitute 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks
- Preheat the broiler. Spray the broiling rack with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, and pepper. Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the swordfish and close up the bag. Marinate for 10 minutes, turning once or twice to make sure the steaks are coated.
- Place the swordfish on the broiling rack approximately 4 inches from the heat source. Broil for 4 minutes, turn, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes more, until the swordfish is just done.