Silky Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Cream
If you love thick and creamy soups, you’ll love this combination of butternut and coconut cream.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 7 oz. full-fat coconut cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium baking pan, combine the butternut squash, oil, ginger, and onion. Toss well to make sure that all the ingredients have been coated with the oil. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the butternut squash is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Transfer the baked ingredients to a blender. Add the chicken stock and turmeric. Blend until you have a creamy mixture.
- Transfer to a medium pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until it begins to boil.
- Add coconut cream, salt, and pepper. Serve warm and garnish with scallions.