Silky Carrot Cake
Who doesn't like a sweet and delicious carrot cake flawlessly flavored with fresh carrots, pineapples and walnuts?
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Carrots, grated
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Simple Truth™ Raw Walnut Pieces
- 1 pound Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add the sugar, oil and eggs and mix well. Then add the carrots, pineapple and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased Bundt pan and cook for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool before icing.
- With an electric mixer, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and cream cheese and mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into slices.