Silky Chocolate Cups
If clouds were made of chocolate, they would taste like these silky smooth mousse cups. The mousse is creamy and dense, creating the ultimate texture combination in this rich chocolate dessert.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 5 minutes
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1¾ cups cashews, soaked in water for 8 hours and drained
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1½ oz. melted unsweetened chocolate
- Place 12 muffin liners in a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk with maple syrup over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Pour the condensed coconut milk mixture into a small bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Place walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds or until the mixture is combined and grainy. Divide the mixture among the 12 liners and press into a flat layer on the bottom of the liners. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In high-speed blender, combine soaked cashews with cooled condensed coconut milk mixture, coconut oil, and chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop chocolate cashew mixture into the 12 cups on top of the cooled walnut crust (about 3 tablespoons) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.