Silky Parsnip Mash
This is a great way to enjoy the texture of mashed potatoes without having all the carbohydrates of potatoes.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk, divided
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Place the parsnips, garlic, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan. Add the water, ½ cup coconut milk, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the parsnips are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and strain the water. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, olive oil, coconut oil, and turmeric to the food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.