Silky Shrimp Soup
Use fresh shrimp, if possible. The fresh shrimp shells add a little extra flavor while cooking, so leave them on until the end.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. shell-on shrimp
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1⁄2 tsp. thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Put the garlic, onion, and shrimp into the slow cooker with the stock and spices. Cover and heat on a low setting for 3 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, remove the shrimp from the broth using a slotted spoon. Shell the shrimp and discard the shells.
- Puree half of the shrimp meats with the cream. Chop the remaining shrimp. Add the chopped shrimp, the pureed shrimp mixture, and the sherry to the broth in the slow cooker.
- Serve topped with parsley.