Simple Beef Stir-Fry
Sweet bok choy makes a nice combination with the pungent garlic in this recipe. Served over rice, this simple stir-fry makes a complete meal any night of the week.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 12 minutesTotal: 12 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bok choy stalks with leaves
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 8 oz. round beef steak, cut into 2"-long strips
- 4 tsp. prepared stir-fry sauce
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Shred the bok choy leaves and cut the stalks into thin slices on the diagonal.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic. Cook briefly and add the bok choy. Splash the soy sauce over the bok choy. Cook until the stalks are tender.
- Push the bok choy off to the sides of the pan or remove. Add the remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef and cook until browned. Mix in the stir-fry sauce and sugar. Mix the bok choy in with the beef and heat through. Serve hot over rice.