Simple Chocolate Cake
Here’s a special, quick, easy, beyond delicious chocolate cake for any occasion.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup natural cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 9" by 13" cake pan with butter and flour.
- Combine everything except the eggs, and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.