Simple Corn Stuffing
Stuffing can be piled on top a dish instead of being stuffed into a turkey or chicken.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 20 juniper berries, bruised
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried savory
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups packaged cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Melt the butter or margarine in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions, celery, and juniper berries for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth, thyme, savory, sage, and parsley. Mix well and add the cornbread stuffing, corn, and milk.