Simple Fried Rice
Creating your own favorite fried rice is easy. Just begin with leftover rice or cooled cooked rice and add ingredients of your choosing—tofu, your favorite vegetables, or any kind of cooked leftover meat. Stir-fry these additions in a hot wok before adding the rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- ¼ cup scallions, cut into 1" lengths on the diagonal
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Swirl in 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until they are cooked through but not dry. Turn off heat. Gently transfer eggs to a bowl or plate.
- Clean out the wok and add remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and scallions and stir-fry about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the soy sauce and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.