Simple Frosted Hot Cross Buns
A traditional springtime treat, hot cross buns can be made easily with this recipe, which calls for frozen dinner rolls as a shortcut.
Serves: 12Prep: 40 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 18 Rhodes™ Dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Dried Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 frosting pen
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut rolls in half; press into flat circles. Top each circle with one tablespoon of cranberries, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring edges together, pressing berries into the dough. Shape into round roll.
- Arrange rolls on baking sheet coated with non-stick spray. Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rolls cool. Use the frosting pen to draw crosses on buns.