Simple Leek and Potato Soup
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups chopped leeks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. light cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the leeks, potatoes, and onion. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Add the stock and simmer gently, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender or food processor, purée the soup, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Add the milk and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled, garnished with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of chives.