Simple Linguine with Tomato Sauce
Here’s a classic pasta dish using leftover cooked pasta and tossing it with a simple, homemade tomato sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (28 oz.) plum tomatoes, no salt added, with juice
- 1 Tbsp. bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked linguine, warmed
- Combine the tomatoes and their juice, garlic, onion, red wine vinegar, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Process until it forms a thick sauce.
- Transfer sauce to a medium saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, toss warmed pasta with the tomato sauce.