Simple Oven Stew
This easy and wholesome stew bakes in the oven so you can go about your day without worrying about it.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Brown beef in large skillet. Remove meat from skillet with slotted spoon and place in 3-quart baking dish. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from skillet. Add olive oil, then cook onion and carrots in drippings for 3 to 4 minutes until glazed. Add to beef in baking dish.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and broth to skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Then pour into baking dish along with remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325°F for 2 hours or until vegetables are tender and stew is bubbling.