Simple Paleo Tomato Soup
This simple, healthy, three-step soup is made with canned tomatoes, which are available year round at affordable prices. You can also make this soup with about 4 pounds of chopped fresh tomatoes if you prefer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 3 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small glass or microwave-safe bowl cook onions and coconut butter in the microwave on high for 1 minute to soften them.
- Add onion mixture, tomatoes, honey, and chicken broth to a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After cooking period is over, turn off slow cooker. Add lemon juice to the soup. Allow soup to cool for about 20 minutes and then blend using an immersion blender or by pouring the soup (a little at a time) into a kitchen blender. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of pepper.