Simple Peas and Pearl Onions
Garden peas have a naturally sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with pearl onions.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups pearl onions, skins removed
- 1 lb. shelled peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- In a small pan, melt butter and sauté onions until they become softened, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add cooked onions, peas, broth, pepper, salt, and sugar to a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours until peas are the desired texture.