Simple Roasted Peppers
Sweet, smoky roasted peppers are so versatile. Use them in salads or as a side dish, or purée them into a silky sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Pour olive oil into a large bowl. Dip peppers in olive oil, then place peppers on a broiler pan. Reserve remaining oil.
- Broil peppers, turning frequently, until skin is blistered and beginning to blacken. Place peppers in a paper bag and fold over the top of the bag. Let peppers steam in the bag for 10 minutes. Remove peppers from bag and peel off the blistered skin.
- Slice peppers and return them to the bowl with olive oil, along with garlic and black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.