Simple Salmon Fillets
If you’d like to add a little more flavor to this dish, you can substitute butter for vegetable oil.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 1⁄4 lbs. salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Rinse the fillets and remove any loose scales or bones. Pat the salmon dry and rub 1 tablespoon of the oil on the fillets. Squeeze a little of the lemon on the flesh side of the fillets. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and once it is warmed add 1 tablespoon of oil. Place the fillets in the pan flesh side down.
- Cook for 3 minutes before flipping over. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and let rest for 1 minute. When it is cool enough to touch, you should be able to grab a corner of the skin and peel it off. Serve immediately