Simple Salsa Verde
This tangy Mexican green sauce is made with tomatillos, jalapeños, and cilantro. It's delicious with tortilla chips, grilled meat, or seafood.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 canned tomatillos, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. jarred chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro leaves (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. reserved tomatillo juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Briefly process the tomatillos, sweet onion, chopped jalapeños, and cilantro in a food processor.
- Add lime juice, reserved tomatillo juice, garlic, salt, chili powder, and pepper. Process until the salsa has a slightly chunky consistency. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.