Simple Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweet and summery, this easy ice cream is a wonderful treat when made with berries fresh from the garden, although grocer’s berries are still delicious! Frozen berries are not an option—fresh is the only way to go.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup puréed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Once combined, allow to chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Once chilled, add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.