Simple Strawberry Sorbet
This is a perfect dessert after a grilled meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 11 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. honey, divided
- 2 egg whites
- In a blender, combine the berries, orange juice, milk, and ¼ cup honey. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into a 9" square baking pan. Cover and freeze until almost firm, about 3 hours.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase the speed to high and gradually add 1 tablespoon honey, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Break the frozen mixture into chunks. Transfer the pieces to a chilled large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in the egg whites with a rubber spatula.
- Return the mixture to the baking pan. Cover and freeze 8 hours. To serve, scrape across the surface of the frozen mixture with a spoon and mound in dessert dishes.