Singapore-Style Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
For a different taste and texture, try substituting chicken for the pork and experimenting with rice noodles of different thicknesses.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 oz. rice vermicelli
- 2 tsp. mild curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 oz. medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz. roast pork, sliced
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, turmeric, and ginger. Set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or medium skillet. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry briefly until they turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok. When the oil is hot, add the curry powder mixture and stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the carrot and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add the noodles and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Top with pork and shrimp. Serve hot.