Sirloin, Round, and Chuck Burgers
You can also mix in finely chopped onion, minced fresh garlic or garlic powder, or barbecue sauce, but this recipe starts out with the basics.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb. ground chuck steak (not overly lean)
- 1⁄2 lb. ground round
- 1 Tbsp. A.1. Steak Sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Mix the three types of ground meat together, tossing lightly with steak sauce, salt, and pepper. Don’t be heavy handed here.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Meanwhile, form burgers into 4 patties without too much patting and squeezing; this keeps them juicy.
- Grill burgers over medium heat until they are nicely browned on the outside and pink on the inside, about 5 minutes per side. Timing depends on how thick the burgers are and how done you like them. Don’t press the juice out with a spatula while cooking unless you like dry burgers.
- Serve on hamburger buns, and top each with 1 tablespoon cheese, a tomato slice, and an onion slice.