Sirloin and Vegetable Soup
Don’t skimp on the beef! Sautéing the sirloin makes this beef stew tender and flavorful, with just the right bite.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 28 oz. beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1½ tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the sirloin over medium heat. Remove from pan. Add butter to the skillet and sauté the onions, carrots, and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer sirloin and cooked vegetables a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker, and add broth, water, undrained tomatoes, corn, potatoes, bay leaves, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Cook 5 hours on low until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas, sriracha, salts and pepper. Cover and cook for 20 additional minutes. Serve hot.