Like a stronger Asiago flavor? More smoky provolone? Go ahead and change the proportions of these cheeses to suit your taste.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1½ cups pizza sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Romano cheese
- ½ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread ¾ cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving the edges bare.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cheeses and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle half the cheese blend over the sauce on each pizza, leaving edges bare.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.