Sizzling Garlic Shrimp with Parsley Oil
You may substitute sliced or minced garlic for a bolder garlic taste in this recipe. Also, if a whole dried cayenne pepper is unavailable, substitute a pinch of dried, crushed red pepper (the kind that goes on pizza).
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lb. medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 whole dried cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup olive oil and parsley over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic cloves and cook a minute or two to flavor the oil.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté for about 2 minutes. Toss the shrimp, either by shaking the pan or with metal tongs, to turn them over. Add the cayenne pepper and continue cooking the shrimp and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving dish and discard garlic and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle salt over the shrimp and serve with the parsley oil.