Cover the tips of the skewers with aluminum foil to prevent them from burning.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium par-baked sweet potato or yam
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large shallot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Serrano pepper, finely minced
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for at least 4 hours.
- Peel the potato and cut into 2-inch cubes. Stem and seed the peppers and cut into 2-inch squares. Cut the zucchini into 2-inch chunks. Cut the shallot into wedges.
- Preheat grill. Skewer the vegetables, alternating types. Brush them with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill until al dente. Sprinkle with Serrano pepper before serving.