Skillet Apple Bake
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Melt the butter in a 9- or 10-inch skillet with an ovenproof handle. Arrange the apples in a single layer in the butter. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar and the cinnamon, and sprinkle over the apples. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the apples are slightly soft.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, and salt in a small bowl. When the apples are ready, remove from the heat and pour the egg mixture over them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the pancake. Return to the oven, reduce the heat to 375°F, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until evenly browned. Remove from the oven, loosen the pancake around the edges with a knife, and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.