Skillet Beef Jerky
Frying the beef for longer than usual gives it a chewy texture similar to beef jerky, but this is much quicker to make. It would go very nicely with rice and steamed mushrooms or vegetables.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cut the beef into thin strips 2" to 3" long. (It’s easiest to do this if the beef is still slightly frozen.)
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the beef, laying it flat in the pan. Let sear for a minutes, and then stir-fry for about 10 minutes, until the beef is crisp and chewy. Keep stirring and moving the beef around the pan as it is cooking.
- Stir the soy sauce mixture and swirl it into the pan. Stir to mix with the beef and serve.