Skillet (Crustless) Broccoli Quiche
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain well, crumble, and reserve.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan about one half full of water to a boil, then add the broccoli and cook 1 minute. Drain well and reserve.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs well. Stir in the cheeses, broccoli, salt and pepper, and bacon. When the onions have finished cooking, stir to distribute evenly (do not drain), and pour the egg mixture over them. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until set but still moist on top, about 8 minutes. Immediately put the skillet in the broiler, about 5 inches from the flame or element, and cook until the top is done and lightly browned.